Medex® represents the highly versatile ideal of SierraPine Sustainable Design Fiberboard (SDF)*. Medex® is a powerful combination of moisture resistance, superior MDF board properties, and a formaldehyde free adhesive system. Medex® has a rock solid track record of superior design capabilities and environmental stewardship around the world.
- Formaldehyde-free adhesive system
- Especially suitable in interior applications where moisture is a concern, Medex does succeed in the 6 cycle accelerated aging test
- Superior physical properties to standard MDF. Truly high performance screwholding and MOR capabilities, among others
- Pre-consumer recycled wood content
- FSC® Mix Credit Certified - available option
- Potential LEED® 2009 credit support: MRc4, 5, 7 & IEQc4.4
- Meets CARB ATCM 93120 Phase 2 emission limits - CARB NAF Exempt
- Third party certification - SCS, ECC
- CHPS Compliant - California section 01350 approved
- Developed, manufactured with pride, and first offered in 1989 by our plant in Medford, OR
- Limitations: Medex is not suitable for structural applications, exterior siding or exterior trim
*About Sustainable Design Fiberboard
SDF products include a broad range of high quality MDF products manufactured by SierraPine to meet or exceed the most stringent global emission standards. Applications for SDF include cabinetry, furniture, moldings and millwork.